From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Day 2

Food Log:
Breakfast: Egg whites (microwaved), 1 slice of ff cheese and a glass of skim milk with chocolate syrup.
Lunch: Toasted whole grain bagel with 2 tsp. margarine and one very thick slice of tomato. 3 olives :) Again, one can of diet ginger ale.
Snack: I was starving before dinner, I really didn't eat enough at lunch, so I made a quickie sandwich with 1 slice multigrain bread, mustard, one slice of havarti, and lettuce.
Dinner: I made lasagna tonight, sauce with a large green pepper, 2 zucchinis, onion, fat free cottage cheese and low fat cheddar and mozzarella. I found it too saucy in the end, but still ate 2 pieces. Oink.

Cardio:
5k on the treadmill. Watched last week's Survivor today, and I had to stop myself at 34 minutes because I could have kept going! Felt REALLY good today :)

Strength:
Completed MUB all 3 times. Oh my god my butt hurts! I thought I was going to die. I am so out of shape. I only used 5 lb weights, and I probably could have used 8 lb, but wanted to see how I feel tomorrow before upping the ante! I was sweating buckets, and my HR was good and high, but when I was done it went all crazy on me again, though only for about 15 minutes where at rest it bounced between 95-115 bpm. Yuck. It's fine now though. It's nice that it's now only an annoyance, and not something to worry about! I think it was caused by a pounding headache going into the workout, and not re-hydrating enough after the run today - I just never got around to refilling the water bottle. I am so parched now!

Thoughts:
Dave reviewed my schedule and we changed things up a little. I'm spooked by dropping one run per week (to 4) which is rediculous considering I've barely been making 3 runs the last few months.

I'm really happy with my day exercise-wise. I got everything done that I wanted to. Work has been very busy, and I've been playing taxi-mom, so time has been lacking to concentrate on making salads, soups and healthy freezable meals. Saturday I will do my best to get some cooking in. Baby steps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home