From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Oh my abs!

Yesterday my legs were feeling pretty stiff after my return to running run on Sunday. Boy that's sad. It is what it is.

Anyway, I had strength training on the schedule, so I did Ray's plan again, but a shorter version, skipping the squats and lunges because of the above leg trashage. Of course I did to the hamstring curls on the ball which led me to...

...postponing today's run to tomorrow. Because my hamstrings are killing me! So was my core, but I wasn't too worried about that.

Today I decided I would do some yoga. I have a tough time with it because I have no flexibility whatsoever, and my big belly gets in the way. Oh, and I have bursitis in both shoulders from yoga several years ago, so need to be very careful that I don't aggravate them. I thought I'd try a yoga dvd that also has belly dancing. I've got the belly so why not make it dance?

Oh.My.God. It's hard! I discovered I not only have no flexibility, but also no fluidity. I closed the curtains and timed it to be over before Steve got home, because him seeing what I was doing I think would be a deal breaker on his side.

While I'm sure I looked rediculous, my abs are screaming so either I got the form down pat, or I got it all wrong ;) Going in with sore abs from yesterday, I can only imagine how I'm going to feel tomorrow. I bet laughing is going to hurt!

Tomorrow we're expecting 15-20 cm of snow. If Steve didn't have his track workout with his coach tomorrow evening I'd try to convince him to go snowshoeing after work. Oh well, I'll run on the treadmill instead and snowshoe on Saturday as originally planned.

The transit strike is still on and I have to go into the office tomorrow. Luckily Steve is off and can drive me in at some point and pick me up. Thursday is going to be more challenging though since he's working until 10PM. I think I have a ride home, but first I'll need to walk west from my office for about 45 mins.... I hope the strike settles soon, it's been a month! All this to say, I have to go iron some clothes!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home