From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, January 22, 2006

I did it :)



First comment... when you search Google Images for slippery, you find some really interesting images...

Sooo, today's been awesome so far. Slept until we woke, the sun is shining, and suddenly the temps are not above freezing (after yesterday's near foot of wet snow, I'm ok with this). Though it would have been a wee bit nicer had the temps been a little warmer than -15C.

Anyhoodle, Steve and I drove KT to work and off to the canal it was. The canal has been closed due to the warmer weather, but the trucks were out plowing today, so I think it's going to re-open soon. Not that I want to run on the canal, but it would probably have been smoother than what we ran on. Note to LaFleur/NCC... are the sidewalks the interim skating surface?? Not impressed.

I took it very slow, the whole time with head down, watching my footing. My eyes kept watering (what is that bright orb in the sky?!?), and I found the white of the fresh snow a little painful at times. However, there was no time to look around, I had 10k to get in. And I did. It took a whopping 1:19, AHR 154. I focussed on staying upright and keeping the HR as close to 150 as possible. I succeeded.

Ice bath, hot bath and shower are done, food has been eaten, still really thirsty.

Going to read my book now, and psych myself up for swim class.

Tata :)

1 Comments:

At Jan 22, 2006, 9:40:00 PM, Blogger Ellie Hamilton said...

Hi, Una! Happy Sunday! Thanks for visiting my blog! Are you Una from PA's/PR's? (I can't remember which one, maybe both..)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home