From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Friday, May 09, 2008

I forgot to report on my run on Monday, THE DAY AFTER. Ok, tried to make that dramatic. I was cold from the get go, hungry, and just wanted it done. I was flying! I was averaging 6:15/km for the first 2 repeats of 10, until the 28 minute mark, where I apparently discovered teleportation. I know in all my years of running, I've never, EVER, a 4:53 km. Ever. There was a tail wind, which I noticed from the water which had peaks, and then of course when I hit the turnaround and it was full on. My pace slowed to 6:51/km until the end. Which was fine with me.

So yesterday's run was day 5 in a row of leg stuff, and I was tired. My legs were tired from this week's activity, and sore from my little bike spill (left knee and right ankle felt loose so I had to focus not to trip or turn out). My cut has turned to bright red road rash, which I found interesting, considering there was no road to be seen. Anyhoo, I didn't want to do it, but forced myself too. Within the first 5 minutes I knew it wasn't going to be good. Headwind on the way out this time, and my average pace was 6:51/km. Not a great start. But my heart rate was nice and low, so I decided I would give myself a break, and run only 5k for a change. I love it that 5k is now my cop out distance! It was never easy, and my pace got progressively slower over the run. I didn't care, because I decided it would be a good day to run it straight, with no walk breaks. And I did :D With walk breaks I was running at least 15 sec/km faster overall. But I had no legs, so I know it's not a true measure. Or it's a measure of my performance with dead legs!

Tomorrow we're going to do some trail running in the Gats, if time allows. My brother's birthday bash is in the afternoon!

We'll, I'd better get to work. It's going to be another long weekend. :(

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 10, 2008, 11:55:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Good job on the run! It sounds like you're doing a great job of getting back on track.

 
At May 11, 2008, 10:24:00 AM, Blogger Una said...

Thank you! I'm feeling Grrreat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home