From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Monday, January 02, 2006

Cheers to new beginnings...

Boy I was looking forward to the end of the horrible 2005. Now I'm feeling nervous over what 2006 brings. Sigh...

My head isn't ready to go over 2005, and I don't think I'll even bother. I do have one thing I'd like to jot down:

In 2005, I ran 108 times (3.38 x per week) for a total of 598.631 kms. I am really disappointed by this metric, but at the same time hugely surprised. I didn't think I was that consistent. There must have been a few really good weeks in there!

Interestingly enough my Timex Bodylink watch battery died yesterday just as I was getting ready for a bike. New battery, new year. Good omen!

So the inevitable goals for 2006:

1. Streak - Some sort of activity for a minimum of 10 minutes everyday. So far so good, yesterday, Jan 1, got 47 minutes of bike time in (20.76km).

2. Eat sensibly - This means WW Core plan for 95% of the time. I will still allow myself cheat moments.

3. Cut down on my sodium intake.

4. Take my supplements every day.

5. Floss every day.

6. Continue to read more.

I can certainly do this!

Now for the training/event goals. I didn't participate in any races last year, and it was nice. But it's time to step it up. My main goal for this year is to go for running distance and building time on the bike. It's tough because I really want to get in more bike time, but physically I'm not strong enough yet to pull a WrayJean - that will be 2007's goal - the distance in both disciplines! This goal will be dependant on whether or not my heart will allow me to train for these, I don't want to end up back in hospital. If it becomes too tough to manage the electrolytes or whatever it is that sends me into Wenckebach, I intend to take this as a sign, and lower the distance and intensity, and not train for anything longer than a half or 2.5 hours.
I hope to participate in the following races:

ATB 30k (March 26)
NCM 42.2k (May 28)
Ottawa Riverkeeper Du 2k-20k-5k (June 17)
HBC Canada Day 10k (July 1)
Boilermaker 15k (July 9)
Some Du in August (SDu: 2km-24km-5km or IntlDu: 5km-36km-10km)
DWD 50k (Sept 9)
Chelsea Challenge 10k (Oct 9)
Rattle me Bones 10k (Oct 22)

One vacation goal is to bring the bikes to the cabin and bike the townships, at least one bike over 50k - wicked hills!

So that's it!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home