From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hell Week


Ugh. Work sucks. That was hell week. Anyway, on to better things! My week's totals. The streak is on!

Monday I completed 2 sets of MUB.

Tuesday we ran 5k in the too dark night dodging ice. We took Echo back to try to avoid the ice, but it's a lot more hilly and I pushed it.

Not sure what happened Wednesday, whether my hip was so sore from the hill run the night before, or MUB on Monday, but man oh man was it painful. Hurt to stand or put weight on it. I opted to run 2k on the treadmill. It hurt some, but was worth it to keep the streak alive.

Thursday called for another run, but my hip was even more sore than the day prior. I opted to do 30 minutes on the bike trainer, 12.75k. I tried to focus on keeping my cadence up, but only averaged 75-85. My goal is over 90.

Friday the hip was still sore, so I didn't run, but did Saturday's MUB instead. My hip didn't hurt so much when doing it until I was table-top on the ball for chest press. Hmm... maybe that's what did it in the first place! I skipped the squats and lunges.

Saturday running was out of the question, especially because I wanted to do 9k today. So another 30 minutes on the bike trainer, 12.55k this time. It was that much tougher for some reason. Cadence only 72-84.

Today the hip was a little less sore. It snowed last night again, so there were about 5cm of snow on the path, which was pretty beaten up anyway. For every step, there was a slip back. I knew it was going to be a challenge, long and slow. But that was ok, as long as the hip held out. Stupid battery in my MP3 player was dead, so I was running solo.

It was long and slow (1:12:02), and I had to walk once to get my HR down under 160bpm, and another time to chat with Steve. In total, 9.017k.

I had my first cold water soak an hour after the run and after having something to eat. Man oh man that's cold! I shivered for 5 mins, then hopped out, replacing the cold with hot (not as hot as usual because that would have seemed too hot!).

And here I am! The hip is no more sore than it was upon waking.

Going to do some laundry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home