From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Swim has become swum... or is it swam?!?

Why is swim class so hard?!? Didn't I swim around in my Mom for 9 months? Why do I fight it so?

Today's class was better - 200m of kick drills and glides, practicing our breathing. Then 800m of stroke drills using flippers. We finished off with 100-200m of endurance (I only could do 100m, then cooldown of another 100). Once the flippers came off, I sank. I was doing so much better at the beginning of class!

So mileage wise, 1200m, my farthest ever. But the 800m with flippers don't count really. I think I'm being generous if I'd consider the 800m flipper as being a 200m non-flipper effort. But that's how it is.

Tomorrow is strength training, and if I can swing it, back to the pool for practice.

1 Comments:

At Jan 22, 2006, 11:18:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I went swimming today as well, but only managed 400m. My first time in the pool in almost a year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home