From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Working the plan



This is the greatest invention. I bought a ponytail toque at MEC a month ago, and today, Steve and I went out for a noon time run by the Canal. It's been ages since we've run by the canal. It was so nice to be back.

I would like to know when I turned into a beach babe! The weather network said it was -10C/12F with the windchill. Um... that's nothing! What happened to the person who wouldn't blink an eye at running in -40 (probably because her eyelashes would freeze ;))? Well, she stopped running consistently and outgrew her winter running clothes. But that was then!

I'm following the Running Room Learn to Run plan, which I took at a clinic a hundred years ago. This week called for run 1, walk 2, repeat. Apparently my brain was frozen because I few times I'd run 2, walk 2, or run 1 walk 1, or run 1 walk 2, or run 2 walk 2. How difficult can it be? Clearly too difficult for me!

The scary part is my average heart rate was 144. I have a lot of work to do.

Back to the toque. Wonderful invention!! For the first time I've been able to keep my ears warm and not have my toque lift off from my ponytail. Happy dance!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Jan 3, 2007, 10:07:00 AM, Blogger Downhillnut said...

I usually wear my ponytail low and wear behind-the-head earmuffs in addition to a cap or toque.

I have a ponytail toque someone gave me, but I don't like how it fits my head. Maybe I have a strange head ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home