From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Friday, November 03, 2006

To get back on track, I need to GO TO THE TRACK

I ran last week, only 2.5 km, and hoped a taxi would come by to rescue me.

This week's fun and games involves the non-stop dripping from the left side of my face. I keep hoping 'today is the last day'. After 3 weeks I am beginning to think hope is useless.

Anyway, that orb in the sky came out yesterday, oh it's been so long since it's made an appearance! So I went out for a 45 min walk and felt great! Didn't want to pass out once. Of course 2 hours later I was hypothermic at my desk... I only felt cold once at the beginning! I'm 39 years old... how does one forget that spending time outdoors in sub zero, no matter how warm you think you are, your lips still turn blue unless you drink a couple of bowls of soup and jump in the bath? SLOW LEARNER?? Hot chocolate at 4:00 saved the day, followed by a bath at 5:00.

Anyway, back to the title of this post. To combat eating my body weight in Halloween candy, I need to get my butt out the door and run. I have meetings through to 2PM today, then have a ton of training materials (webcasts, rah) to do, so it's out of the picture today, unfortunately. But tomorrow.... now we're talkin'!

5 Comments:

At Nov 3, 2006, 11:10:00 AM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Sub zero? Girl, I would burn off all those calories with my shivering-- no walking or running needed!

 
At Nov 4, 2006, 2:21:00 PM, Blogger Black Knight said...

Luckily here we don't know what sub-zero is. How many times I have thought of a car to rescue me during a bad workout! Usually we meet many known drivers while we are running but, when we need a help, it seems that we are in the desert!

 
At Nov 8, 2006, 7:46:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Me too. Thankfully there is no halloween candy hanging around here. Thankfully I did not gain any weight on my Panama City trip and thankfully I did manage a 7.77 run along the beach.

 
At Nov 10, 2006, 8:32:00 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

Oh, I sure don't miss sub-zero weather at all! Hope you get back to 100% soon--it's been a looong time, hasn't it?? The cold from hell...

 
At Dec 20, 2006, 10:51:00 AM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

Just stopping by to say MERRY MERRY! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home