From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Seriously...

I thought when my daughter was out of elementary school, the germs would stop. Not so. Then I thought, when she's out of high school, her immunity will be top notch, and the germs will stop. Still not so.

My sweet baby is 20 years old in university, working two jobs. Like every child going to school in the fall, she came home with a bug. I gladly accepted this bug as my own :(

When talking with my sister on the phone on Thursday instead of saying 'hello', she says 'you're sick!!'. Um, no, I feel fine. She says 'no, you're sick!'. She keeps repeating that. 24 hours later my head is about to explode, my stomach is upset. Jinxed I guess. I've slept most of the weekend, my tummy is still funny, my hair still hurts, my sinuses and eyes are screaming, but that's about it. No better no worse.

My daughter on the other hand, has morphed once again into 'Mucosa of Ottawa South'. Poor kid.

I'm going back to bed :(

Maybe a run tomorrow... please...

4 Comments:

At Oct 22, 2006, 10:12:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm sorry you and your daughter are under the weather. But university and two jobs? That sounds pretty stressful to me, not to mention your daughter is getting exposed to three different germ pools at once.

Not nice of her to "share," though, no matter what you taught her about manners. ;-)

I hope you can get in a run tomorrow. Just remember the above-the-neck rule, and you'll be fine. Sometimes a run can help. It dries up the nose, for some reason. I think it's a holdover from when humans had to run away from saber-tooth tigers. The ones who were too mucoso to get away didn't get to reproduce, right?

BTW-- if you can get any Hall's cough drops with 10 mg of menthol, do so. Try to breathe out through your nose while you're sucking on one. I've gotten through entire allergy seasons with no pills at all, just Hall's. But they have to be 10 mg or higher, or they don't work.

Good luck!

 
At Oct 25, 2006, 1:19:00 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

Hope you and your daughter feel better soon. Being sick sucks :(

Sending healing vibes your way!

 
At Oct 29, 2006, 11:30:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Get well soon, eh!

 
At Nov 1, 2006, 7:26:00 PM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

When Tess (Jamie's daughter) was living here, she caught EVERYTHING, and came home, gave it to me.
I'm doing better now that she's living in Alexandria.
Germs.
What a nasty concept...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home