From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

This and That

I've been wanting to write something for a while, but haven't had a heck of a lot going on.

It snowed, a lot, and then it got pretty warm and melted most of it, then snowed a lot again. Today's was really pretty - shoveled 6 inches or so of the really sparkly kind at 6PM. Love that stuff. And it was light and fluffy. And not cold. :)

Had a birthday a little over a week ago, and happy to report I was much better than last year! We had a lovely brunch at my brother's house, where KT entertained us on her cousin's new keyboard "Thank you, I'm here all week". We don't do birthday gifts in our family (at least the adults don't) as we all have enough stuff, so we always get together. Because of my restricted diet, I had toast. My brother did give me lovely purple tulips. So pretty!

I did receive lovely gifts from Steve and KT. Steve lives in fear of upsetting me now after last year's birthday party sadness, so he went safe (smart boy :)) and bought me Season 3 of LOST. 9 more days until it's on! KT bought me books, can't go wrong with books. My ex-hubby bought me a 'gotta have more cowbell' t-shirt, and little black cowbell, which was a surprise. Pictures to come at another time since Steve has the camera at work.

Speaking of Steve, he bought me flowers this week. Just because. Awwwwwww :) They are lovely. I love flowers when it's snowing out!

No other news really. I'm dying to run, but my body just won't let me. I was feeling amazing for 14 days, then decided to do a serious house cleaning, and my gallbladder has been killing me since. Anytime I try to do something more than sit on my butt all day, or as I tell KT when she asks what my plans for the day are: "well first I'm going to sit here, and later, I'm going to sit over there". :( 9 more days and it's out. Can't wait. All going well I think I'll be ok to start running again in 2 weeks, though the pre-op literature says 4 weeks for strenuous activity. But if I start over doing 1/1, for only 20 minutes, that's not strenuous is it? Please?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Jan 22, 2008, 10:41:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Sounds like a nice birthday, and being able to be active again will be the best present of all. A little late, but who cares?

Happy Belated Birthday!

 
At Jan 22, 2008, 11:11:00 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

LOL--I've gotta say, I love your, "First I'm gonna sit here, then I'm gonna sit over there" plans! You're my kinda girl ;)

I'm glad you had a nice birthday. We need a pic of you modeling the More Cowbell shirt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home