From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Goals shmoals

I had such high hopes for 2007. Didn't work out that way.

I didn't achieve any of them! I was doing really well with my training, had a few setbacks, but overall, by November I was fairly consistent and feeling great! I returned to racing, with a lousy time, but I'm thrilled with it. Haven't run since November, but can't wait to get back to it - goal date to return, starting at the very beginning again, is Feb 14, two weeks post op.

I've lost 20 lbs thanks to this gallbladder by cutting out almost all the fat in my diet - to less than 15 g per day (I don't add any fat to anything, and anything packaged for example I won't touch unless it's under 6 g of fat.) I'm also eating way less, and more variety. This inconvenience is a blessing in disguise! I can lose weight :) I just need to get serious about it. I can't wait to see what running feels like with 20 lbs less! I bet it's going to suck, because I'm so out of shape, but it will have to (please!!) feel easier than last January at 20 lbs heavier!

My running goals for the year are to get fit again, uninjured as follows:

May - solid 5k
July - solid 10k
Fall - half marathon

I'd be really happy to get a du in there, but I want my bike fitted first. I feel terribly out of control on Beethoven!

40 new things didn't work out so well. For a good part of the year we were a one car family and our bus service was lousy (we got the second car in March, and bus service improved in Sept) so I just didn't seem to have the opportunity to do everything I wanted to. I also really wanted to do a lot of it with Steve, and he did not have a good year, with opening two stores (never home) and breaking his leg. I hope this year he can achieve his goals without injury, and will be home more!

So that's it. Nothing fancy!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Jan 8, 2008, 6:24:00 AM, Blogger Downhillnut said...

Hang in there, Una!

Wow, nothing like PAIN and other digestive complications to hold one to a diet. I hope you can resolve your health issues soon and tackle those race goals head on.

The nice thing about those 40 new things you didn't get done in 07? Now you've got a head start on a list for 08 :)

 
At Jan 9, 2008, 7:22:00 AM, Blogger Una said...

That's a good point! I may just move it to 40 new things for the next 40 years. I think I can tackle that :)

 
At Jan 12, 2008, 10:40:00 AM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

40 things for the next 40 years...yes...that sounds reasonable. (I'm actually NOT joking. Add ONE new good habit every year. Upward spiral in a slow steady manner. Life goes on.)

 
At Jan 22, 2008, 11:12:00 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

Don't feel bad--I tanked most of my 2007 goals, too. But that's okay. It's 2008 now, so we're looking ahead :)

Healing vibes to you, hon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home