From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bah!

I'm still collecting far too much bile, even had some record days this week. Tuesday/Wednesday morning the fluid slowed a lot (to my lowest collection in 24 hours since this began) and it was mostly blood not bile. I hadn't seen blood since I was in the hospital 3 weeks ago. I was hopeful! Then I woke at 4:30 this morning and my flask was 3/4 full again, to make it my second highest collection day. Sigh. Today again it's low and more blood than bile. Fingers crossed that it's going to keep diminishing!

I spoke with my surgeon today and he wants to proceed with the ERCP on Monday. I can't fight it, overall I'm leaking more than I had in the first 2 weeks! He said not to worry about the blood (I wasn't). Unfortunately my cardiologist can't see me for a couple of weeks, and the surgeon doesn't want to postpone the ERCP any further. Grrrrr. The interim solution is to put me on beta blockers until I can get to see cardiologist and to the arrhythmia clinic at the Heart Institute to review the original diagnosis (Wenckebach). Who knows it may have progressed to a more serious heart block. We'll know eventually. Sigh.

I felt lousy when I was on BB back in 2003 after my first SVT. My BP is low-normal, so naturally I had zero energy when on BBs. I also gained a ton of weight in just 3 months. Sigh. Running was horrible if next to impossible. I was dragging.

In an attempt to keep positive, I'm relieved to know that the chances of my going into SVT again on Monday when they sedate me for the ERCP are much smaller. If successful, the ERCP should bring the bile leak to an end, and by end of next week the Jackson-Pratt can come out, and I'll be much more comfortable and able to recover a little faster. It should help my moods some too! I'm a little bummed to say the least.

Once I'm recovered I'm going to fight like mad to see the cardiologist and get off the meds. I did it once, I can do it again!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Feb 21, 2008, 11:46:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I hope you're better soon. It all sounds so frustrating!

 
At Feb 24, 2008, 1:54:00 PM, Blogger Downhillnut said...

Ick. I appreciate your candid, matter-of-factness in describing your condition. You really help me to cherish my health and freedom! Sending more healing thoughts for your next steps. Hang in there, you hoser!

 
At Feb 26, 2008, 8:11:00 AM, Blogger Una said...

Hahahah hoser... so funny :D

Thanks for the positive vibes! I'll be better, I will!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home