From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Friday, February 29, 2008

Yippee!!

The Jackson-Pratt drainage tube is out!! I'm so excited!

While the ERCP on Monday was less than enjoyable, it was a success :D My fluid output dropped to less than 10 ml per 24 hour period and it wasn't bile anymore, but the usual fluid one has inside I guess.

I saw the surgeon this afternoon and he pulled the JP out. Holy crap that's a strange feeling - similar to when someone pulls on your finger and it is THIS CLOSE to popping... that feeling. Like someone was tugging on something inside me. So bizarre. And it hurt! He said that I started growing over the end of it (it's a mesh that fans out to capture the fluid) which is why it hurt. YUCK. He then bandaged me with gauze and I asked if he should be putting steritape over the hole and he said no, it would close on its own. Ohhhhhhkayyyyyy....

He then asked if I wanted to keep the JP - I said no thanks, and he said "as a momento?", and I said "no, I'm good thanks". I really see no reason I'd want that piece of hardware around. Ewww!

Barring any fever or major pain, I don't see him again for two weeks for my final visit. I'm so excited! But not as much as sleeping on my side tonight. I've been in one position for 4 weeks (on my back, sitting up) because rolling over/twisting made the tube move inside and it hurt like a mofo!

Finally, there's an end in sight! Yippee!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Mar 1, 2008, 3:53:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm glad you're tube-free. Now let's stay that way! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home