From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Today I felt the pain of weeding. Oh.My.God. My hammies and my rear. So tight! So sore. Allergies? Check. Full swing. Let's go!

My goal was to run 10/1 and have today be the start of my LSDs. I did the first 10 mins with Steve at my side. I was pushing it, any harder and my hamstring was going to snap. Quick air kiss and he was off, getting smaller in the distance. That's cool, one day I'll run next to him. Well maybe not, he's a lot faster than he used to be!

I decided on 6 10/1 - 66 mins. I started at Pretoria Bridge, ran out to the little bridge in the Arboretum! The trees were in full bloom, I was a sniffling mess, but it smelled so wonderful, and looked so pretty, I really didn't care. It's so worth it. This is the furthest I'd run on Queen Elizabeth side of the Canal. I passed the little marsh on the way, and there were several red-winged blackbirds sitting on cattails. I love how they sit there and sway. I debated whether to do the loop, or to turn back. Decided to turn back. And for the first time in a very long time, I had wings! By the time I reached the end I was only 500m to 10k, so I went for it. Finished in 1:08:18. I'm thrilled! I just checked last summer's 10k Canada Day race, which I finished in 1:11:01. Granted, the race is very hilly and congested, but I think I can beat it this summer. Actually, I'm going to kill it. Today was one of those great running days.

My hammies and rear are still very cranky with me. But they'll forgive me tomorrow when we go mountain biking in the Gats. Here's a shot I found on the web, off the trail we're going to be biking on. Which is the same trail as we ran on last week. Considering it's going to rain all night, should be good and muddy! Will report tomorrow.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 22, 2008, 9:25:00 PM, Blogger Ellie Hamilton said...

Hallelujah, baby! You rocked that run! Nice job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home