From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Monday, June 02, 2008

Kick me

I was just loading my workouts to the Buckeye Outdoors Training Site (great great great little tool!) and I noticed that I hadn't loaded a workout since May 4th. I was so busy with work that I had no time. Then I lost my job, and was busy doing job search and getting my head straightish that I didn't take the time to do it.

I noticed I ran once last week. I only biked once last week. I've had a horrible headache since getting laid off on the 20th which I know is 50% allergies, 50% stress, and the best thing to clear my head would be to get out for a run or a ride. I've been good in working on job search every day until 1pm or so, then the idea is to clean the house, read a book, etc, but what happened 3 days last week is I ate wrong, Steve came home later than expected and I would be starving, or I just fell asleep and felt crappy when waking up that instead I'd get takeout and basically curl up. Bah!!

Thanks Karen for the Excuse Amnesty Run. It got me out of the house last week for that one run.

Yesterday I had planned to run 10-11k, but plans changed (originally we were going to have the family over for lunch to hang on the new deck, and I could run in the morning) to breakfast at 10AM. Steve ran and met us there, but I get really sweaty, and I really need to buy new running shorts and bra (they smell funky after a few years), and I wasn't going to offend my family for 90 minutes! Nor was I interested in sitting in sweaty garb for 90 minutes. That's a yeast breeding ground!

The plan for today is job search starting at 8AM, then at noon head out for my 10-11k. If Steve decides to run after work, I'll go with him but take my bike for an easy ride. It's imperative that I get my exercise in order again. Steve signed me up for another 5k on June 14th (with my recent 5k time compared to last year's results I would place in my AG), July 1st I have the Canada Day 10k! Ok, I'm motivated now :)

Will report on my run later.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Jun 2, 2008, 8:30:00 AM, Blogger Ellie Hamilton said...

OK, girl, you're on! You report on your run, I'll report on my bike ride that I've missed the past 2days due to weather. We'll hold each other accountable! I plan 2.5 hours of biking, starting at 9a.m.

 
At Jun 2, 2008, 11:36:00 PM, Blogger Downhillnut said...

You're welcome. Thanks for joining in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home