From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

One down


Holy crapola that sucked! After living the life of a slug for 3 weeks (naturally, if you're going to put a pic of a slug you want it to be a pretty one!) I have buckled down.

Eating on track? Check. No problem. Though could go for some chips. But won't. Don't have any thank goodness, though Steve has chocolates, and I'm not interested. Yippee!

4k run done? Check. And boy did it suck! On the treadmill. Theoretically, the easiest of runs. So why was my heart rate way up there (AHR 144, MHR 157)?? I've never seen numbers like that on the mill. After 10 minutes not only was I ready to give up (but I didn't), but I broke out in hives all over my tummy. Running and scratching, trying not to scratch. YUCK. I think the hives were the reason my HR was so high. I was never so happy to see the timer finish.

Tomorrow calls for a wee 3k! I love that. I need a run that will feel easy!

1 Comments:

At Mar 1, 2006, 9:15:00 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

MHR is max heart rate? (Not mean or minimum, I suppose).

My heart rate averages about 172-175 during races, maxes out to about 183 or so. I don't see those kind of numbers unless I'm walking!! :-) But that's just me, unusual heart rate for my advanced age.

Way to go, anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home