From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

What's the deal?

I still have less energy than a sloth, and naturally taking up that appearance. The streak is long gone, just too tired/busy.

The flu lingers, and after last night's 3 hour nap, I'm bagged today, so naturally, bagged my last swim class. I've officially missed 4 classes. Yuck. It starts up again in March, and I'm registered. March is a better month right? My colleague is back and can take her workload back, there's more sunshine to wake my SAD brain and get me outside. Steve is also 90% sure he's moving on to a new job with less hours and more money, so maybe I'll get my training partner back. I guess on top of it all, Mom's anniversary is really brining me down.

This ten day absence from training has not only brought my motivation down a notch, but also screwed me over for running my May marathon. I just don't think after last year's hit and miss, I have enough base. Part of me also wants to play more, get lots of biking, do some DUs, run some trails, get a mountain bike, go kayaaking, and not make my sole focus the 'Sunday LSD'. So I've decided to scale back my ambitions, at least through May, and concentrate on getting some good quality time with myself, my family and my friends, and continue to rebuild. The goal for May will be the half, I know I'll be ready for it, and stronger for it.

In one hour I pick up Steve from work, then going to bed.

1 Comments:

At Feb 17, 2006, 3:01:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Be better soon, eh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home