From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Thursday, February 02, 2006

I'm trashed!


Ok, not in the boozy sense! But my legs are so tired this week. Since last Saturday my legs have been heavy, then Monday's 10k felt like 100, plus swim class, not sure what it's about. PMS maybe. I read that PMS causes loose joints, and boy did I have that today! At the grocery store my knee wobbled (for the 100th time this week... only happens the week before TOM) and Steve looked over at me and said 'are we gettin' down?'. Nope just trying to stay upright. My left hip is also feeling out of joint. Add this to my pizza cravings (gave in tonight :D) and I think this is going to be the mother of all PMS.

Anyway, I didn't MUB today because my legs are sore all over, quads tight, and my left shoulder is pinched. It feels like my right shoulder did before it froze up. I'm staying away from MUB upper body until it rights itself, though since it's been there for over 2 weeks now, I fear I've injured it. Some time next month, when my colleague is back, should it still be bothering me I'll check in with my doc for a referral for ART. Until then, I will work the exercises in this poster.

And now the run! Steve and I did get a run in today, my oh my it was hard! My legs are trashed. We were supposed to do 6.5k, and while I got my watch working, the chrono isn't starting (I think I may have gotten a little sealant in there, so going to fiddle with it on the weekend), and when chrono is on the blink, the km tracking doesn't work. So I ran knowing my heart rate and pace only. Steve told me where the turnaround was on his way back (but his Garmin always goes long... or he does!) and the run according to my data recorder was 6.92km in 48:05. AHR 154, MHR 163. Way too high.

I'm going to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home