From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Thursday, March 02, 2006

How to inspire in swim class


Get a new instructor who's a hot young man! Ok, so he's a very good instructor and managed to get me to swim much faster and with better form than ever. But c'mon! Hot young guy looking at your oversized rear makes you want to move move move!! FYI, not exaggerating on the rear-watch, I was told I'm sticking it up too high and my hips are too tight. OK!

Since it was first class it consisted mostly of skills tests, and I got bumped to the higher Level 2 (or 2.5 as we like to call it). We didn't get too much meterage (is that a word? like yardage, only metric?) in, but were dying nonetheless. In total I calculated a whopping 300m. Hahahahaha.

Oh well, better than no metres.

Since work was so nasty yesterday there was no time for my wee 3k run, so I opted to push it to today. HR was still slightly higher than I'd like, but it felt much better than Tuesday's. Broke out in hives towards then end again. Maybe too much cat hair/dust in the basement.

Tomorrow (i.e. what was originally today's planned run) calls for a wee 4k. I love these little kms while I work my way back from illness. Here's hoping tomorrow's continues to feel better. I can't wait :) and that's a GREAT sign!

1 Comments:

At Mar 5, 2006, 11:57:00 AM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Not sure I want anyone watching my rear that closely..lol. And 300m is way more than I got in the pool this week, but next week should be better (knock on wood). I think my cold is almost gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home