From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Friday, January 05, 2007

2007 Goals

Well here it is. Goals day. The last couple of years were a bust, but I'm in a much better head space now than I was then, and I am READY.

I have set some easy goals, which several years ago would put me to shame. However, I'm not where I was then, and frankly, if I had accomplished the following goals in the last two years, I would have aimed higher! But that will have to wait until 2008.
This is the year I reclaim my body. Enough of the whining. Yes some health conditions and resulting prescriptions caused a weight gain of 50k 3 years ago. The other 10k I gained sitting on my butt. Which brings me to this picture. This is my nephew, Joe. He is 6. His hockey card says he's 4'2" and 60 lbs. So every step I take with this extra weight, is as if I'm carrying him on my back. Joe, I love you. But I don't want to carry you around 24/7.

This is also the year I turn 40. I had set some goals for by the time I'm 40, and have accomplished all of them (kayaking, learn to swim were a couple) but one - my first Tri. I have discovered through the 3 years of swim classes that I really don't enjoy swimming. I've learned how to swim, I am very poor at it, though I won't drown, but I just don't enjoy it. So I'm wiping the slate clean, and skipping the tri. It's off the list for good. Instead I've added a new goal for the future, involving the kayak. I'm very excited about the Kayak Triathlon - 5Km Paddle / 20Km Cycle / 5Km Run. But back to this year. I have shamelessly stolen from Nancy's turning 50 goals, but they are nowhere near as grand. :)

Drum roll please....

My goals:

  1. Try at least 40 new things (goal is one per week, if I don't get it done, I still have 12 week's grace! If I go over, it's cause for celebration.)
  2. Lose 40 lbs - .77 lbs a week, 3.3 lbs per month. This will be tough. My weight loves me. I seem to have gained weight since my Dec 31 weigh in. :(
  3. Run a minimum of 400 miles - 640 km - 12.3 km/week 53.33 km/month
  4. Run a minimum of 4 races - St. Patrick's Day 5k (my back-to-it race), NCM 10k, Canada Day 10k, Fall Colours Half Marathon
  5. Bike a minimum of 400 miles - 640 km - 12.3 km/week 53.33 km/month. Considering my bike only went out twice in 2006, I have to at least get this done.
  6. Weights - minimum of 40 hours (not much, but I never could get into this!). Goal is one hour per week. If I go over, my body will thank me. I hope to learn to love weights, because I find it so BORING.
  7. Crunches - 400 per week. I've got some catching up to do this week as I'm only at 100. I can do 150 today and 150 tomorrow!
  8. 40 minute minimum - do a minimum of 40 minutes of something active every day. If I have a scheduled workout, this counts towards my goal. If I don't, then a walk, swim (yuck), or major housecleaning where I'm sweating buckets, will do.
  9. Eat Weight Watchers Zero Point soup or a salad once a day. This is to help get me out of the grey plate zone. I love carbs too much, yes we only eat brown rice and whole wheat pasta, but too much of it :).

That's enough :) Next year, all going well, we ramp up these goals, and add some yoga/pilates/stretching/meditation....

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Jan 6, 2007, 1:23:00 PM, Blogger UltraMamaC said...

those sound like great, diverse and attainable goals. I like the kayak idea! although I couldn't do that any better than I can swim.

Good luck, and remember, if you don't make them on one day, tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home