From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Busy Week

I can't believe it's the weekend already! So what have I done...

Saturday last week, Steve's birthday, we went out for dinner. We haven't gone out for so long because of this whole recovery deal, it was so nice. I've been gradually increasing my fat intake - it may sound silly, but after not eating fat for 5 months, and digesting gallbladder-free it doesn't always go well :(. So we split the tappas plate (flatbread, roasted garlic, chevre, cranberry chutney, papaya and mango salsa and a blackened corn dip) and I had the butternut squash ravioli with tomato chevre sauce sprinkled with toasted pecans. So yummy! My tummy was only a little sore after that, though I only ate half of it, taking the rest home for Sunday lunch.

Sunday was Steve's birthday breakfast with the fam. It was nice to get things back to normal. I read and played Rock Band the rest of the day.

Monday I went back to work. I had been reading my emails but not actioning any of them, so at least I had them mostly sorted. Unfortunately, it also meant 3 days of responding to queries that were so old, I'd hoped that everyone had opted to log help desk tickets instead of waiting for an answer from me. Sure enough they had! I was handed two projects to become familiar with, with the expectation to be fully ramped up in two weeks. Yikes. I have so many meetings in my calendar now, it's exhausting! I'm still trying to finish transitioning my old job too. Thankfully it was a short week - we had Good Friday off.

Yesterday was my nephew's 8th birthday and we were invited to my brother's house for brunch. It's so nice to be out and about! I can't believe how icy and cold it still is though - woke this morning to -23C, and it's supposed to be spring!

I have run/walked, or walked every day this week except yesterday. Feel's good! Today I started r2/w1, for 42 mins on the treadmill.

We're on our way shortly to buy mountain bikes! yay! we're 90% decided on mountain bikes, since we want to bike the trails in the gats this year. I just don't think hybrids will be tough enough for some of the trails. We already have road bikes, so we're covered there.

Oh! And today I baked Bunnygirl's Carrot-Apple Bread. Freaken AMAZING.

Guess that's it!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Mar 22, 2008, 9:50:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

You've described precisely why I don't like to take much time off from work. It's so exhausting to come back!

I'm also with you on the fats issue. After many years of not eating fried foods, I've found that when I try something of that nature in a social setting, I don't like the feel of the grease in my mouth and I get queasy afterwards. Just more incentive to stick to a healthy diet!

I'm glad you liked the carrot-apple bread. I've been pleasantly surprised to find that it tastes even better the second and third day, if it lasts that long.

Glad you're out and about!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home