From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Friday, March 14, 2008

I ran!

On Wed morning Steve was on the trainer and I decided it was time to test out the bod. I walked (slowly) on the treadmill and only managed 20 mins. My insides hurt :( My scar hurt.

Then yesterday I felt a million times better. I told myself that every pain or muscle tear is bringing me back stronger.

Steve was working the late shift today, so I suggested we go to the canal for a run. My first since Oct 31. It snowed last night (oh forgot to mention that in the snow/movie post!), another few inches to the tally and the city is still clearing from the weekend, so we were hoping the footing wouldn't be too horrid. It wasn't too great, but it wasn't too bad either.

My plan was to start super easy - run 15 sec, walk 2 mins. I talked myself out of that in the car :). I changed my intervals to run 30 sec, walk 2 mins. After 2 intervals I couldn't stand it. Reset the watch to run 1, walk 2. Again easy, but I wasn't going to push myself any harder. It took me forever 48:25 to cover 4.7 km, but I covered 4.7 kms! I pushed it a little more for my last 3 repeats - the first I ran 2 mins sec, walked 2 mins, the next ran 3 mins walked 1 min, and the last ran to the end, 90 secs.

My hips were tight, my ankles sore from the ice and snow ruts, but considering I've spent almost 5 months resting and trying to get healthy, I'm really really pleased! My scar is a little irritated by my running bra, but nothing serious. Yay!

I'm still on the beta blockers, so my max heart rate was 135. LOL!

I've since had a bath with the bubbler, as close to a jacuzzi as we have! It was wonderful. I let the sun shine on my face through the window and just relaxed. I feel AMAZING.

Happy dance!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Mar 14, 2008, 4:29:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Congrats! Take it slow and come back strong!

 
At Mar 16, 2008, 1:28:00 PM, Blogger Ellie Hamilton said...

Glory hallelujah! You're running again! You're YOU again!

Would you be able or willing to include your email address in your profile? So I can comment on your comments on my blog? Or you could just email me:
againstthewind@conestogalife.com (yeah, it's way long, I gotta do something about that)

 
At Mar 17, 2008, 5:56:00 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Hi there! Thanks for reading my blog! You might like to listen to our ultra running podcast at www.trailsandtribulations.com

My camera is a Nikon Cool Pix L4. It's too bulky for me too. It's about the size of two decks of cards stacked together. I bought it before I became a blogger and hauled my camera around with me. You might want to check out my friend Mike's blog www.fitfromfat.blogspot.com and ask him about his camera, he has much slimmer one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home