From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Friday, March 14, 2008

I had a date!


It's been so long since Steve and I went anywhere or did anything... I think we saw a movie over Christmas, but I'd been feeling so lousy before the surgery, and so lousy afterwards, that I didn't want to do anything.

We had planned to go out last weekend but we had some snow. After last Wednesday's foot, we woke up to a little over 2 feet!

This was the view from the patio door. The patio door is 4 steps up from the ground, the snow is higher than that. It was gorgeous! You can almost see our neighbour's little fence. Hope he doesn't let the doggies out because they'd be gone!

And from the front door, let's just say when we're standing next to the cars, we can't see our neighbours on either side. Reversing out of the laneway is a challenge too, the snowbanks are now at least 8 feet high :D. Oh, and we've had several inches since, with more to come next week. We may indeed break Ottawa's annual snow record from 1972!

So back to the date. Steve went for a run with some of last year's Gotta Run team, and was given a preview pass to see 'Run Fatboy Run'. It's got Shaun from Shaun of the Dead! The movie won't win any awards, but it was really really cute. Made me want to run! But that will be a later post. In researching what I could eat at the movie, I discovered that a large buttered popcorn (20 cups) has as much fat as 8 Big Macs. EIGHT. Without the topping? 6 Big Macs. YUCK. Now I've never been able to eat my way through a large in one sitting, but always brought my bag home for the next day. I LOVE movie popcorn. I think those days are long gone! Even a small popcorn (7 cups) without topping is too much. I'll stick to my homemade stuff from now on! I settled for a pretzel and mustard. Not as good as the ones at the hockey games, but good enough. And much better for me! We had a lovely time, and life felt NORMAL. Awesome :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home