From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Friday, June 06, 2008

I had the greatest hope for a good run on Wednesday morning. But it wasn't meant to be. It was a struggle from the get go, I just couldn't get any air in my lungs. Everything is in full bloom and perfumy, which I love, even though it causes me grief. It was windy, and there was a pollen storm. Never saw that before! The worst part of the run was a toss up between my dead legs or lack of heartrate. I mean, come on... max heart rate 111 bpm?!? I don't understand why the meds are so inconsistent, some days I can see 140's when I run, and others, not so much. Almost forgot! It did get worse, at 7k I discovered that there are no bushes by the canal between Carleton U and Hogsback Bridge. NONE that would hide my whiteness! I've never had intestinal issues before while running, so this was a shocker. So I tried to run, to get to the bathroom faster, but had to abruptly stop, to prevent an accident. So the last 4k weren't that great, but I got 11k on my feet at least. And made it to the bathroom in time :)

Today was Steve's day off, so after chatting with a recruiter we got the bikes and went to the Rockliffe Parkway. There was thunder in the air, and I had a splitting headache. So I started out easy, finishing the 22k with an overall speed of 26km/hr (16mph). I was really happy with my ride, it never felt hard, just a really smooth ride. LOVED IT! I hopped off the bike, locked it up next to Steve's, threw on my running shoes and started my run. My legs were a tiny bit wobbly, but not bad at all. I finished the planned 3k with a pace of 6:15/km. Best brick ever! Next week we're aiming for 25km/4km. The du is 5 weeks away.

No other real news to report. Working on my resume, and it's a struggle. I'm just not happy with the format. I have a few jobs I want to apply for that close next week so I need to get moving! My plan is to finish it tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home