From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Just the basics


I only got in 10 minutes, 1 set of MUB today. I'm feeling really 'off', not sure if I'm coming down with Steve's tummy bug, hypochondria, or just really upset. My brother heard on a radio call in from a woman in a wheelchair who complained to the city that the sidewalks and streets are so poorly maintained after the ice/snow that she can't leave her house safely. The city claim to not have received any more complaints than last year, so have no intention of doing anything about it. This lady is protesting tomorrow. My family will be there wearing black armbands. I'm am so furious. So an old lady died after slipping 20 feet from her condo, suffering major brain injuries, on her way to choir practice. She died 3 days later of these injuries. She was my Mom and I miss her terribly. The 1st anniversary of her fall is in 2 weeks. HOW DARE THEY.

Enough for tonight.

2 Comments:

At Jan 27, 2006, 12:38:00 AM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

That's awful! How can they even justify such a thing?

Peace to you.

 
At Jan 27, 2006, 2:34:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Sometimes these guys just don't get it. It sucks that people have to get hurt or die before they do something and even then they sometimes don't. We have a dangerous intersection with high traffic in my area and even though someone died last year they still have not put in lights for the crosswalk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home