From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A virtual run, and a swim


Today I ran with my friend Ellen. Ok, truth be told, she is in NYC and I'm not, and she ran hours before I did. But I promised her the other day, when she was finding her treadmill run debilitating boring, so I offered to run next to her. So I did. 5k on the treadmill in the bag, thinking of Ellen. It was good :)

The image in no way reflects my run with Ellen, but rather running and water, because tonight was swim class!

I hate swim class. Do I mention that every time? You betcha. Anyway, we focused on deep water activities: egg beater, treading water, moving egg beater, and vertical flutter kick. From there it was 400m of back glides and back crawl. In all we only covered 500m, but spent a whole lot of time spinning our wheels in the pool. Happy to report that the swim is done for another day. Going to try to get a practice session in on Friday before Sunday's class comes around.

Finally, got my running across Canada links (sidebar). I really haven't gone too far yet, 55k running west, and 58k biking east. I wonder which coast I'll hit first?!?

That's it for tonight!

1 Comments:

At Jan 25, 2006, 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

lol I like your image for tonight's post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home