From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Saturday, January 28, 2006

It got better!


Started the day feeling pretty good, and looking forward to 10k in above freezing temps! Wow, no layers!! So what happened?!? My legs were dead today. I noticed when I woke up that my calves were super tight... couldn't figure out why, other than I hadn't run since Wednesday, and my legs like moving at least every two days.

After 2.5k I bagged it. Both my legs were so tight they started to hurt. Enough. 10 minute ruled it (even though it was 16mins and I scored my fastest pace this year). Felt really crummy about bagging it though. Decided I'd eat something and hop on the trainer.

The minute we get home KT announces she needs 3 DVDs for film class. We hop in the car (she's not licensed yet) and are not back until 12:30. I'm still in my running clothes, wet and smelly. When we get home my friend CB calls to say she's popping by to drop off some DVDs she borrowed, so I get all cranky because we went out so early the house is a mess. I recruit KT (and I must apologize to her, I was a wee bit cranky!), and we get it done. I'm still in my running clothes and stinky. I have lunch, and we wait. CB shows up at 2:30. I figure I'm done for the day and dive into some dill pickle chips while reading some blogs. I find this post by Linae - No Limits Hmm... I posted a comment and it's gone... oh well...
That did it! Hopped on the trainer to find CBC Sports was showing Speed Skating! Woooop! (the guide said curling). Before I knew it, 45 minutes were done.

Then I did 1 set of MUB, my arms were really sore. From the bike? Odd.

That's it! I got in over an hour of cardio today. Woohoo!!

2 Comments:

At Jan 29, 2006, 1:14:00 AM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I don't think you could have done 45 minutes watching curling...lol.

 
At Jan 30, 2006, 7:45:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

YEAH! Glad to see your workout went well.

I did get your comment! Thanks for visiting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home