From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Monday, January 30, 2006

Swim Class #5

This swim class was supposed to be evaluation - but the head of the program was away, and she had the forms! Eval on Wednesday.

The swim. Without running yesterday I expected my legs to be fresher, and they were, at least I seemed to cover more ground. Our drills were as follows:

  • 50m flutter kick on back
  • 50m back crawl
  • 50m back crawl with pull buoys
  • 25m back crawl 3 strokes each side before switching (I was going in circles!) with pull buoys
  • 150m endurance - ok, not much to some of you, but in learn to swim when your front crawl bites, it's really hard! So I did about 15m back crawl, 10m front crawl (25m lengths) each lap
  • 50m whip kick on back (this I can't do... how frustrating!)

I wore my Timex Bodylink watch in the pool (I forgot to take it off, even though it's water resistant, it's old) and it's now waterlogged and DOA. I'm hoping it revives in a few days when it dries out, in the interim, scouting ebay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home