From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Monday, March 06, 2006

Catch up

Ok, I know I had another run last week (Thursday) just never got around to posting I guess. But that would have been the last one. Supposed to run on Sunday but felt awful. Stomach off, sore back, headache, the works.

So we went to the RV show (man some of those things are HUGE), looked at model homes, ate at this well reviewed burger place (um... $32 for both of us??? Mine was a mushroom for pete's sake!). Too greasy (the sliced spuds on the side and the sundried tomatoes I think) , felt even worse. We came home and fell asleep on couch, naturally, felt every worse after that! Drank a litre of water and wandered off to swim class. Felt MUCH better after that.

It was only Sebastian and I who showed (the other guy we knew was going to be out of town) and Bonnie left for the level 3 class (she's so funny, she has a crush on one of the guys in the class so she moved on... good for her, if it improves her swimming!). With just the two of us we worked pretty hard. I'm really seeing some improvement though (I'm going faster now). We did 150m front crawl then moved into back crawl drills for the rest of the class (200m). We then worked on endurance for 150m. He timed us for 25m... it took us 25s (though I bumped into Sebastian and we both stopped for a few seconds), so I think we were 23s for 25m. Kyle (instructor) intends to give us time drills at the end of each class, i.e. 30s per lap. So if we finish in 23s we have 7 second to rest before taking off again. If we finish in 29s we only have one. And he's going to be watching our form too to make sure we're not cheating to speed up to finish faster and have more time to rest.

By end of class my legs/arms were buzzing. In total I *think* we did 500m, it might have been 50 more. Lost track!

I really like Kyle, he seems to get results from me. I just wish he'd stop looking at my form until I've lost another 40 lbs... ;)

Today is supposed to be an off day running, but since I've not done anything and it's beautiful out there (though stinkin' cold right now still), I'm planning on 4-5k on the roads. I can't wait!

Will post later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home