From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Friday, March 31, 2006

Zoooooom....


Went the guy with yield shaped calf implants (ok, not true, but they sure looked defined!). It was 22C/72F today in Ottawa. I had to take the bike out... I don't care if there's still snow on the ground, the pavement is dry, dry, dry!!

I went a new route, after the 2km of pure traffic induced terror I reached the road with the bike lane... ahhhh... 2km after that I was out of bike lane, but also of major traffic. Only had to contend with a few cars per minute and the odd schoolbus and transport. Not so bad.

Wicked headwind on the way out, kept my cadence above 80RPM but only going 22km/hr when calfman flew by like I was standing still. Oh ya?!? I know how to deal with you! Turn around with the wind at my back and take a side road (to be honest I was almost at the end of this one where it become highway suicide again). On the way back I capped at 34km/hr because I really don't like going too fast when there are transports. I'm sure that will come. In total 22km in 55 minutes including stoplights.

KT and I went for a walk after work to loosen my legs a bit... they are complaining slightly about the daily hour of cardio.

So yesterday I planned to only go 3k on the treadmill because my knees were sore, I had a sore throat and low grade fever (surrounded by germs in this house!) and was really pooped. Watched Lost and next thing I knew it was 45 minutes down. Thank you! Capped the day workout wise with 20 minutes of strength training.

Now for yesterday's highlight. I had my first consultation with the nutritionist (it's through work's EAP so over the phone, which works better for me anyway). She took down a week's worth of workouts, 3 days worth of food intake and my height and weight stats. I also told her that I have really thin arms and legs, carrying all the fat in my belly (not good... I know... this is why I'm so desperate with the nutritionist!). She's going to send me a nutrition plan, encouraged me to increase my weight training to 30 minutes per session next week, and to get a true fat to muscle ration test at the local university (calipers or whatever other measurement tool they have). She is perplexed by my struggle to lose weight, and in the end asked the most unexpected of questions: "Have you ever considered liposuction?" HUH???? I started laughing. She said she'd never ever recommended that before, but felt in my case as long as I kept up my eating habits and workout regime, I might be healthier for it. Um, no lipo thank you. Never gonna happen.

3 Comments:

At Mar 31, 2006, 10:04:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

LIPO?! I was relieved to read your answer....Your putting a lot of effort and commitment into your training..that will be MORE than enough to carry you through! Good luck..I'll be reading for inspiration. Have fun and stay injury free!

 
At Apr 1, 2006, 9:51:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Good answer. I can't believe she suggested it.

 
At Apr 2, 2006, 10:03:00 PM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

That sounds really ODD coming from a nutritionist!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home