From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Slight change of plans

Well, we decided to buy the house on lot N-648 right? But it seemed smaller than the model. So we measured to compare to 3 other same units. The finished (well drywalled) basement WAS 1 foot short! They can fix that. Ok. The staircase at the front is too close to the opposite wall. Yup, FOUR inches short! They positioned the stairway too far.

Forget it. We're not getting this house :( I'm not paying the same as my neighbors to have a stairway I'll never be happy with!

Sooooo.... we bought the house next door! This one's an end unit (we're in an end now, and yes, more expensive to heat, but has a window on the side!). We fell in love with it immediately.

Pictures here.

Today, we bought our first house. Steve has had many, but this is my first EVER.

WOOOOOOOP!!!!

3 Comments:

At Jun 11, 2006, 1:26:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

How exciting, congrats! I bought my first house 5 years ago and it is the best feeling. Have fun making it your home!

 
At Jun 15, 2006, 4:31:00 PM, Blogger Downhillnut said...

Nice stairway! Love the cabinets and tub. End units have better re-sale value - less immediately close neighbours. Way to go on holding out for What You Want, because you're going to have to live with it.

I remember buying my first house and really, really enjoying so many things about it. Enjoy!

 
At Jul 2, 2006, 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Congrats on the house. Good choice switching units. Despite the extra heating costs, end units are a better investment. They often do better in re-sale value. Wait, I see Karen already said that....lol.

The place looks great. I like the sunken tub. I've owned several house but the one we are in is only hubby's second. He never owned a place before he met me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home