From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Puleeze let it be allergies!

I have a sore throat. Maybe I did get chilled on Friday night in the rain (though we had so much fun). Yesterday had a horrible headache, and I feared I might be heading toward a bug.

I had a great 45 minute run on the treadmill today, followed by a 15 minute cool down walk. Then did a bit of work, then hopped the bus downtown to the Tulip Festival. Unfortunately, it's still rainy and cold, which dampened the number of people attending the outdoor concert (saw Tom Wilson, Murray McLaughlin and Stephen Fearing). I wasn't dressed warm enough for the heavier rains, and got chilled again. Steve arrived at after work (6:3o), and I cuddled up to him while we ate Indian. The heat from that helped a lot! :)

After the show we walked around looking at the tulips, the painted tulip sculptures, the art, and the Byward Market. Then raced back to the 'burbs (10 minutes away... Ottawa is so small!) to do grocery, and came home to my daughter and her dad eating chinese food and watching The Sopranos. I'm glad we're all cool :)

Off to bed, my throat is none-too-happy with me right now.

3 Comments:

At May 15, 2006, 7:12:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Yikes girly.... hope that sore throat was just from being out in the cold. STAY WELL! How awesome you and daughter and x are good. That, I'm sure, is worth a million. Take two Tylenol and blog us in the morning! Take care. ;)

 
At May 15, 2006, 7:33:00 PM, Blogger Lora said...

Get yourself some salty chicken soup---and zinc lozenges!! The jewish mama in me is coming out!!

 
At May 16, 2006, 10:27:00 PM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

Lemon tea with honey!

(can be decaf tea, if the caffeine bothers you)

The Rendez-vous Mondial de la Fleur looks GREAT! I would LOVE that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home