From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, June 04, 2006

6 in the books


What a day. Such high hopes for my first run in 3 weeks! This cold has completely floored me. Sinuses are still a little infected, lungs not clear, but I NEEDED to get out.

My aim was for 6k. Just 6. It started off really well! I felt great. But my HRM read 165. HUH?? Then 175, then 195... I even saw 235 once. I was thinking "I'm just not sweaty enough". After 1k in the head, I knew I was sweaty enough. The numbers still jumped around way above my normal 145-155. I kept at it, but decided to turn around at 2.5, just in case.

Good plan. I felt lousy. Running through fog was how it felt, I was a little worried about passing out, but it felt better to run than to walk. At least when you run you expect your heart rate to be high! At 5k I decided to walk the last km to cool down. 155 :(. It was getting pretty bad so I got to the car and stretched, then sat in the A/C. After 30 minutes my HR was under 120 so I decided to drive. When I got home I laid down and it dropped to 110 and stayed hovering there for an hour or so, then I fell asleep (!!), and when I woke it was 75. Still too high, but comfortable. I KNOW I can't sleep if it's running above 90, so I guess it dropped and my tired self dropped too :)

I really have to find out if running a high heart rate while lying down burns as many calories as if I was exercising to get that rate...

I think the trigger was the cold. I'm just not well enough (I guess) to have tried this today. When I get sick my heartrate gets a little funny, i.e. I feel it. But I feel it pretty much all the time.

I'm left with a fuzzy head. Ran a stop sign after picking up Steve. Glad to be home. :)

5 Comments:

At Jun 4, 2006, 10:03:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

bummer girlie! hope you're feelin 100% soon!

 
At Jun 6, 2006, 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

Feel better! I hate hate HATE being sick!

 
At Jun 7, 2006, 10:45:00 AM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

That sounds awful!

Take care...no sense harming yourself by pushing when you're sick.

 
At Jun 7, 2006, 1:34:00 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I hope you get better soon. (and congrats on the new home).

 
At Jun 9, 2006, 8:10:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Hope you're still not sick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home