From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Saturday, May 13, 2006

At least I got a walk in!

Yesterday I snuck out of work early (ooooh 4PM!) and hopped on a bus with my daughter to go shopping for work clothes for her. She scored an awesome summer student job as a technical writer (she's just finished 1st year university in communications). I tell ya, she's charmed. So we shopped, and wandered around the big mall downtown, ate too much, so decided to walk part of the way home. It was raining so I bought an umbrella, KT had her jacket with the duck bill and we started.

Oh my. It was pouring, my umbrella turned inside out 4 times in 15 minutes. We were both soaked. We walked 90 minutes before we decided it was time to catch the next bus. Came home soaked and cold. We had so much fun, singing loudly and trying not to blow away. Today we both feel like death :)

I didn't drink enough yesterday, and this morning I'm all puffed up. Scale shows it too. Off for mexican food later (brother's birthday) and an outdoor concert in the rain (Xavier Rudd).

1 Comments:

At May 14, 2006, 8:00:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

What a great day with your daughter! Hope you had a nice Mother's Day (or does the holiday exist in Canada??). Happy Mother's Day either way! I went off on my eating (and drinks) last week so I'll pay now. Can't work out until Thurs (minor medical thing) so I'll use this time to catch up on other things. Have a great week girlie and I suggest you leave work @ 4 everyday!! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home