From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Finally

I got out there for a run. Finally. I've been spooked about the numbness and tingling a few weeks ago, and with the stress of the move in August, getting all our ducks in a row, and trying to succeed at work, it's not been easy. But today was the day.

We woke to 15C! It's been mid 30's for weeks, even first thing in the morning, +30 and humid. It was beautiful. So we went out for 8AM. I was hoping for 5k, but was going to take anything the running gods were willing to give today. It's been almost a month since I ran last, and sporadic runs before that. Frankly, it's been a crappy couple of training years.

I ran 1k, walked 100m, ran 900m, walked 100m, then had to drop it down to keep my heart rate under an abysmal 160. The next 2 k were run 500m, walk 50m. I finished with 250m more. So in total an earth shattering 4.25k. Sigh. But it's a start.

2 Comments:

At Jul 30, 2006, 11:31:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Glad you're getting back out there! We do what we can, and tomorrow we do a little more, right? What matters is that we don't give up.

 
At Aug 7, 2006, 7:54:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Yeah! A step in the right direction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home