From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Saturday, January 20, 2007

We're back in business!

Treadmill dude was here today. It didn't look good. He said the belt was really rough and probably dirty underneath and in need of lubrication. HUH? We were told when we bought the mill that it was the type that never needed lubing! I was NOT happy. So t-dude says that he can replace the circuit board, but the belt may need replacing too because they ALL need lubrication.

An hour later we're up and running (so to speak). Turns out it wasn't as bad as he thought, though certainly well used. The damage, $320. :( I guess it's better than shopping for a new one.

Since my cold weather running duds are still too small for me, and tomorrow calls for temps in the -30C range again, it's good to know that it's there. No excuses.

Now if the mill lasts another 3 years, I will have considered it having paid for itself. When I bought it my goal was to have it last long enough to cost me 50 cents a day. Before today's investment, I only had one more year to go...

As to my goals, I missed out on most of them. I didn't get in the distance (but I'm expecting that, because I'm not at that yet as I'm starting over). Steve found the bike pump, so now that there are no more treadmill parts all over the place, I can start biking. I didn't do anything 'new' this week, but I'm ok with that as well, as I have 12 weeks for grace there.

While it's not a great week goals wise, I did get all my scheduled walks/runs/strength/crunches 40 minute minimum in. So it is a success.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Jan 21, 2007, 9:06:00 AM, Blogger Downhillnut said...

Glad your hamster wheel is fixed. Stay warm over there!

 
At Jan 21, 2007, 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

We have the treadmill guy coming tomorrow to fix ours, too. The controller is acting squirrely. Thank God for warranties :) I'm glad yours is running so well now. I hate running on them, but I have to for hills. And when it's 95* with 99% humidity in August.

RE: Football--I'm glad there are people who appreciate that a woman can follow football and know what the hell she's talking about :) My ex-husband took me to a game when were were dating and felt the need to "explain" everything to me. I finally told him that I had been watching football for 15 years before I met him, and that I was pretty sure I could follow along without his dialog. Maybe I emasculated him a bit that day. Or it might have been the day we went to our first hockey game and I had to explain the game to him...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home