From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sigh...


I saw a psychic when I was in my teens. I was told that reckless living would lead to a fiery death (I was pretty reckless after hearing that, because really, what's the point?!?)
I saw a palm reader when I turned 25, and she said that my lifeline was very short.
I never thought I'd see 40, so never put much thought into it. Until the past few weeks. I've become exceedingly whiney when I was reminded it was coming. It seems really FINAL to me. Moral of the story? Stay away from psychics and palm readers. The past 20 years have gone by in the blink of an eye. I feel I've wasted so much of it! Better make the best of the rest of my blinks.
I'll get over it. :(
Already today has been very nice. Steve woke me by singing happy birthday, then making up new verses, and even attempting a rap (ok, not really, I suggested it though). He was like a little kid (he's such a sweetie), and I was cranky (it's 7AM) and asked him if I ever told him that as a child when my family would sing happy birthday, I'd hide under the table and cry. I didn't mean to appearn ungrateful, but birthdays and I don't get along. Obviously never have.
The sweet boy that he is, he is taking me to Lonestar for dinner (something spicy I can taste), then home for a chick flick of my choosing on DVD.
Now to go for a nap. I hope by tomorrow, this cold will be history!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At Jan 14, 2007, 8:48:00 AM, Blogger Lora said...

Oh Girl---the 40s are the best of times!!! Live it up!!!

 
At Jan 14, 2007, 11:13:00 AM, Blogger UltraMamaC said...

happy belated birthday! sorry I missed it. Hope you enjoyed dinner and both of you are past the nastiness sickies.

 
At Jan 14, 2007, 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

LOVE the shirt!! I gotta get me one of those!

Of course, my plan is to perpetually be 29. This year will be my fifth annual 29th birthday ;)

Feel better, and let us know which chick flick you picked.

 
At Jan 15, 2007, 2:22:00 PM, Blogger Una said...

Thanks all. As I get further from 'the day' it gets easier :)

 
At Jan 15, 2007, 2:48:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Love the shirt, but don't panic it could be worse, you could be my age. Hope that made you laugh. It was supposed to *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home