From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, March 30, 2008

3/1, a new site and a party

Ok that hurt! I realized today that I have only run once outdoors since my return. And that was the first run back! So today we chose to run at the Experimental Farm. The roads were good and dry and it's never very busy there, just a tractor or two, the rest are people running, walking, dogs playing, etc. Oh and about 100 families going to see the critters! Back to the run. Today was the first day of run 3 walk 1, and I knew it was going to be more challenging than on the treadmill. And it was! I'm really hoping that my lubed up incision was causing my heart rate monitor to act up, because if not, I was in trouble! It would jump from 99 bpm to 200 bpm and everywhere in between. The first two repeats were hard, then it was fine, then one repeat was just amazing. That didn't last as my second last repeat I thought my head was going to blow, which was odd, and then I was done! I'll know more when I see the cardiologist on Wed.

I never did get my strength training in yesterday, but did get the walk in. So I picked up the strength training today. I used a 'customized' program from Fitness Magazine where after you join (membership is free) you are able to customize a workout video by selecting how long you want to workout, what body parts you want to target (select as many as you want) and what equipment you have. Within second it creates it for you - it basically strings together several canned videos and you follow along. It wasn't bad at all and I plan to play around with it some more.

Shortly after the workout it was off to the showers to get ready for my former husband's wife's 50th birthday party. I got to meet some more of her siblings who were all very fun.

I'm feeling really good about my day - but expect to feel my legs tomorrow :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home