From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Monday, March 24, 2008

Awesome

I feel awesome! Yes, I think I'm catching a cold, my sinuses are all jammed and I've had a few issues below the belt the past 24 hours, but I have more energy than I think I ever have had in my life.

Yesterday we had a lovely Easter dinner at the outlaws (former in-laws) house. I love how Steve is such a part of their family too. After the pain and the hurt fades, this is divorce done right. They are family. I love them all.

Anyway, I went to bed last night and something funky happened in my head. The room was spinning. I remembered I'd forgotten to brush my teeth, so hopped out of bed, stumbled to the bathroom almost taking out the door frame, then went too far the other way almost taking out the shower door. Yikes. I couldn't fall asleep because of the spinning and everytime Steve moved, I tried to keep my stomach in check. Woke up this morning feeling a little dizzy, but mostly it was over.

So I got on the treadmill and ran. And it was awesome!

Work? Getting so busy, so many meetings in the schedule, one really high profile project, another less so, both I've never heard of the tools, lots of learning to be had. Awesome.

Took a late lunch to see my Doctor for a referral. Did you know that a bike fitting falls under physiotherapy if it's done by a physiotherapist? Appt. next week. Can't wait! Maybe for the first time since I got my bike I won't feel so out of control! Awesome.

Then of course we have the new bikes coming on Thursday. I won't say it :)

For the first time in a long time, I'm feeling a little under the weather, and that I can take on the world, all at the same time.

Awesome!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Mar 24, 2008, 11:56:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Good luck with the dizziness, but that's great you're feeling better. I wonder if my insurance would cover a bike fitting? I haven't had one in awhile. Hm...

 
At Mar 25, 2008, 6:58:00 PM, Blogger Una said...

I was really surprised that it was! I think because it's billed as physiotherapy assessment and treatment is why it's covered. And also because the impact of a poorly fitted bike can certainly cause trouble elsewhere!

Dizzies all gone :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home