From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I had my bike fit this morning! But that will be in another post when I get the pictures.

The day started with pouring rain and the front walk and laneway were skating rinks. Then suddenly at 4pm we hit 13 degrees Celcius / 54F! So as soon as I could escape from work, I chipped half of the ice out front (a good 6 inches thick) and basked in the sunlight. I'm going to have one sore upper body tomorrow!

Steve got home and we quickly changed to go for a run back at the Experimental Farm. The sky got a little dark and the wind was picking up. The temperature was dropping while we were in the car and by the time we set out, the wind was insane! Because of all the snow the wind was very very cold, and my ears were aching. I never thought to wear a toque, I mean come on, it was 13 degrees!! Boy did I regret it. My goal was 5k, I cut it short to 4k so that I could get back in the car and warm up my ears. Several times I was worried that I was going to get hit with flying debris. It was the worst wind I've ever run in. I expected to see cows fly by.

Oh yeah, it's supposed to snow again tonight but we're nearing the end. We had a brief glimpse of spring today!

Tomorrow's a meeting intensive day, plus I have to pick up my bike first thing, and then head to the long awaited appt with the cardiologist. Since I've run 3 days in a row I think I'll do strength training tomorrow, and bike on Thursday.

I'm finally warm now (it generally takes me a few hours) so going to clean up the kitchen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home