From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Spring!


It sure feels like it! The sun is brighter and warmer, the temps are above freezing, my basement is leaking (grrrr)... and due to some flash freezes after a few snowfalls, we have an ice bank at the end of the laneway. With the melting snow the ice bank had trapped enough water in front of it, i.e. in my laneway, that walking through it was almost above the ankles by noon yesterday.

So I began to chop it. The ice is at least 4 inches thick. I created enough of a channel to get the water to flow onto the street (yay!) and chopped about a foot on all sides, dumping that onto the street. It took about an hour. My shoulders are screaming today. I may head out again in a bit and torture myself some more... it's like a peeling sunburn, you gotta pic at it.

Then out for a run (it's been since Tuesday!!), tomorrow's run, since we're brunching with the fam tomorrow, and I don't run well after brunch. Too greasy, no matter how healthy my choices are.

3 Comments:

At Mar 12, 2006, 10:23:00 PM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

Jeez...it just astounds me the diferrence in weather from one place to another. It was about 70 here today.

My spring bulbs that just started to peep out of the earth three days or so ago, are growing like CRAZY! :-)
Oh, happy me!

 
At Mar 12, 2006, 10:39:00 PM, Blogger Papa Tweet said...

I have a huge scab on my back. Should I pick at it slowly too? I soooooo have spring fever. I can't wait to train outside. I can't wait to swim in the reservoir in the mornings either. Race day in sunny Arizona is going to be sooo nice.
Benny

 
At Mar 17, 2006, 10:45:00 PM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

Happy St. Pat's!

*mcjeanne*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home