From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Four strong winds that blow lonely...


Hummed that a few times on the run! I was aiming for 8k, but my watch doesn't capture distance anymore (the chrono no longer works since I accidentally took it in the pool), so I all I knew was my speed (which was nothing to write home about) and heart rate. I did wear my data recorder, so knew when I got home I'd have the distance captured. Turns out it took me 51:03 to go 7.345km (4.563 miles), giving me a pace of 6:57/km. I try to run between 6:00 - 6:30. The route is a slight downhill the way out, and naturally, uphill the way back. To make matters interesting, the downhill portion comes with a built in tail wind. The uphill comes with cursing. It's a gusty day here in Ottawa. I think I was running in place a few times. I felt tired at the end, but really really good :D

To cool down, I popped a DVD I took out from the library called Qigong for Stress Relief. 30 minutes later, I was mellooooooow. Time to hit the showers. The cats love me. They love anything that stinks.

2 Comments:

At Apr 9, 2006, 3:49:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

If you don't like that time, I'll trade ya...lol. Sounds like we did similar runs, except yours was longer. The uphill on the way back always gives me a slower average.

 
At Apr 9, 2006, 10:24:00 PM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

from here to there

then BACK again...

hmmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home