From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, April 09, 2006

No regrets...


I bought a subscription yesterday to Cycling.TV and I've been sitting on my butt, watching the Paris-Roubaix cycling race, while reading email, having breakfast... I can't believe that George Hincapie's stem popped off and he suddenly somersaulted over what should have been his handlebars! Race over for him. I hope he's not too badly injured.

I love watching cycling, and sadly, the only coverage we get is the Canadian championships and the Tour. I'm now set up for weekly (and sometimes daily) broadcasts of bike races. I'm so inspired! No regrets forking out the cash for this subscription!


I would do anything to get out on the bike today, but it's below freezing, and there's a windchill bringing it that much colder. I hate being frozen on the bike. Supposed to be very nice by end of week, so I'll get it in then. I could pop on the trainer, but it's too much work to set everything up!

Today is also IMAZ. I've been unsuccessful in getting on the Ironmanlive.com website. I guess I'll have to wait to read Iron Benny's first hand report. He's going to have a super day! So exciting!

2 Comments:

At Apr 9, 2006, 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Deb said...

YIKES, below freezing! I'd stay close to the cup of coffee myself. I'm wroking desperately on getting back in the saddle, and I don;t have the weather challenge...just time. I LOVE watching the tour, and was in Paris last summer. Just being at the Arc de Triomphe where they finish is a very cool feeling. So much history and all the ment hat have passed through. Good luck on you training..I need your inspiration!

 
At Apr 9, 2006, 12:12:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

My bike is still hanging from the rafters in my garage. I've been asking hubby for 3 weeks to get it down, but its still up there....grrrrrrr.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home