From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, May 07, 2006

and KT asks...

how do you spell grope. Hmm... wonder what happened when she went out last night!?!

Steve and I went out for my friend's 30th birthday (I feel so old). We had a great time! I kept my eating in check, salad, water with lime, and barely 1/3 of my pasta.

Yesterday also included one hour of tai chi. Fun! But my legs sure felt it!

Today I slugged around various blogs getting caught up, then decided at noon it was time to run, and my brother calls... picking you up in an hour to swim ok? OK! So hopped on the treadmill, plodded 5k while watching Buffy, hopped in the shower for a very quick rinse then hit the pool. It was a very sweaty basement run! We were at the pool 90 minutes, but I didn't swim that long. In all about 30, which I'm happy with. Shamu the lane hog was really ticking me off, extremely slow (which isn't the problem) but zig zagging across lanes. Then when I'd pass her I'd be stuck at the other end waiting for her to finish, so she turns around! I'm not going to stay there for another 5 minutes waiting for you to to finish, so I passed her. ugh, and the waves she creates! ARGH. Anyway, glad I got the swim in, looking forward to next week when my Carleton pool is open!

Off to do tai chi for a bit and watch the Desperate Ho's.

2 Comments:

At May 7, 2006, 9:55:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

You're too funny... Desperate Ho's!
How cool that you have your bro around to hook up with for workouts! New job going well? B-day dinner sounds fun..let's not mention the age thing please. ;) We've all got it goin on....'take that' out there! Go into your week strong. Nice job on mixing up the workouts!

 
At May 8, 2006, 10:18:00 PM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

Age is like speed - it's all relative.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home