From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Monday, June 26, 2006

Getting there...

I'm really happy to say that I made my run today. Another 5k, walked every KM for 100m, and got stopped at 2 red lights. I can't wait to run in my new neighborhood! No lights and lots of greenspace, though the sidewalks are concrete. Guess who's going to be running on the grass?! I've already plotted my route. But I digress... the run today didn't feel anywhere nearly as bad as Saturday's though my heart rate is still very high for me, and I was a wheezing manica. I soldiered on and finished the 5k in 35:13, still slower than normal by a few minutes, but 5 minutes faster than Saturday's fiasco!

I'm really excited about the First Annual Phedippidations World Wide Half Marathon http://steverunner.com/halfmarathon.htm? Just my luck that it coincides with the hilliest half in Ottawa, otherwise I could have chosen my own route. But I'm in! Fingers crossed that I don't get sick again :) I'm registering as part of the Phedippidations team, so that I can race with my friend Joe from Texas. :) I'd love company!

3 Comments:

At Jun 26, 2006, 11:51:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

So glad to see you 'up & running' again! Kick it up!

 
At Jul 2, 2006, 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Glad you're up and running. And heh, great effort. So many others would be tempted to just quit. Keep going, you'll get there.

 
At Jul 2, 2006, 1:26:00 PM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

Phedippidations sounds GREAT!!!!
And so does your new running route with the green spaces. I'd enjoy running here in CB more if it weren't so new a development...there's no shade along the sidewalks (where we even HAVE sidewalks!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home