From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Crazy? Sick? Tired?

Last week was INSANE. By Friday I had finished 10 days straight of 7AM-midnight working. I'm tired. I went to bed a week ago Wednesday, with a really sore chest. Strange feeling I'd never had before. I finally fell asleep, and woke with my left toe numb again. It was numb for 3 years from commuting to Toronto twice a month in my old car - diagnosis - pinched nerve. Same toe, numb. So I sit at my desk and realize that my fingers on my left hand are tingling. HUH? I start to get concerned, then the headache hits. My heart goes 'wencke' for 30 minutes and I've decided I've had a stroke. So what do I do? Breathe.

I'm not going to the hospital. I'm so tired of my annual health crisis. Granted, everyone of them has turned out to be legit. BUT COME ON, I live such a clean life, I'm f*cking tired of setbacks.

Things could be worse, much much worse, and I should be grateful for the good health I do have 99% of the time. But it gets so demoralizing sometimes.

Yesterday morning my toe had 'thawed'. My fingers still tingle every so often but they are not numb.

Self-diagnosis? Pinched nerves from sitting in this $1500 Hermann Miller work provided office chair for far too many hours, far too many days.

After sleeping most of last weekend and working only half days to get some things out of the way (that's how we spend our Canada Day long weekend!), last night was the first night off. Back working tonight.

I love my job, and hope I don't get laid off in the NEXT round of rounds. But I need a break. Or at least to be paid for the OT.

:(

2 Comments:

At Jul 6, 2006, 11:04:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm no doctor, but if I were, I would think these problems were at least partly stress-related.

You're way too young to be having such worries!

 
At Jul 12, 2006, 11:31:00 PM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

EXHAUSTED, it sounds like to me.

You don't get overtime for this? TERRIBLE!

Take care of yourself. This sounds too too too stressful. Everyone needs REST.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home