From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My week so far


Boy it's been busy around here! I got tired of facing the 4 hour house clean on Saturdays (in addition to the 'maintenance during the week) that I've decided to try breaking it out. Not sure I like it though, because I'm a big fan of the Saturday sparkle! This new system has the house always ready for company, save a last minute run through. But it's not sparkling.


So Monday's I give the kitchen a super scrub, including shining up the stainless appliances (love them, but they get fingerprinty/cat nosey very fast!), Tuesday's is vaccuming and washing the floors (took an hour and fifteen minutes yesterday), Wednesday's is polishing the furniture (dusting doesn't cut it after a few days) and cleaning the powder room, and Thursday's is the ensuite. On average, an hour per day.


I'm also spending 15 minutes a day on my office. It's still not finished, still boxes here and there, but with Steve's son moving to Montreal from Toronto he's taken my futon which I had all this junk sitting on, so now I can't stand all the junk on the floor. I'm getting there! My goal with all this is to leave Saturday's as days where I can get some of the finishing touches on the house done, read/paint/play in my garden when the time comes, go shopping, meet a friend for lunch, etc.


I have been getting in my 40 minutes of exercise per day, whether it be my scheduled runs, walks, strength training, crunches, etc. Here we are on the cusp of Feb and I'm even more committed than I was at the beginning. It just feels 'right' somehow. Unfortunately, the scale still won't budge. I've started logging in a software called 'Diet Organizer' (free 10 day trial). It's much more user friendly than fitday.com (I find it so slow) and I think I might buy it when the trial is done. Anyway, it's showing my calories consumed during the day hovering around 1500 calories. And that's really forcing myself to eat. This tool wants me to eat 1700 a day to lose 1 lb per week (if I run, it wants me to eat MORE). I dunno, maybe it's because of the vegetarian thing, but I find it really hard to get calories in. I've been told so many times by doctors, nutritionists and trainers that I'm not losing weight because I'm not eating enough. Then why am I stuffed? Sigh.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Feb 1, 2007, 9:25:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Check out traineo.com. It's free and pretty cool. VERY user friendly. Good job!

 
At Feb 2, 2007, 9:30:00 PM, Blogger UltraMamaC said...

will you come clean my house? I'm needing some backup on the laundry monster. the boys have too many clothes, I think. I liked it better when all they had were school uniforms. sigh.

 
At Feb 3, 2007, 11:07:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

If you clean my house, I will do your workouts for you. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home