From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday Already?

Wow, this week flew. The trip to the office was fun, though long. It's tough to sit in a conference room all day. My hat goes off to everyone who offices every day! I've been homebased for 5 years now, and obviously spoiled. Anyhoo, it looks like barring any catastrophes my job should be safe for several years and beyond. Wooo!

I was able to keep up my running schedule by planning ahead (not a huge deal, but glad it all worked out). I met my weekly crunches goal as well.

The only other new thing this week was chipping away at 40 new things! I have started taking German again. Why German? Not so sure, actually. I have a goal of several languages just for fun. Gute Nacht!

Lastly, Steve and I had a lovely day in the Byward Market. It was chilly when the wind picked up, but gorgeous and sunny otherwise. We wandered around, then stepped into The Bay for some shopping. We left with Cinnabon. It's going to take me a few weeks to burn that baby off. But boy is it worth it every so often!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Jan 28, 2007, 9:54:00 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I just love languages-- congrats on the German! My linguistic goal is to someday achieve fluency (or near-fluency) in a non-Romance language. But where I live, there's not a lot of ways to reinforce any language other than Spanish in day-to-day life, so what I learn of other languages tends to slip away fast.

Good luck with you endeavors!

 
At Jan 30, 2007, 9:09:00 PM, Blogger UltraMamaC said...

thanks for the encouragement about my swimming -- I am taking it one small step at a time.

I'm also trying to work out something with the job situation so I can work remotely eventually -- I'd love to be able to contribute without having to deal with traffic, etc. That's awesome that you've made it work for you, and that you have the opportunity!

 
At Jan 30, 2007, 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

OMG! German is one hell of a hard language to learn girl! Hat's off.....I've always wanted to learn Italian but never made the time...I feel like a slacker! I'll live through you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home