From Here to There

My journey in fitness from here (not so good!) to there (woohooo!!)

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Nooooooo!


I can't be catching yet another cold! I've been sniffling since yesterday, and today the sneezies have started. I'm going to go to bed early and fight this! Wow, just had a song pop into my head... Barbra Streisand from The Main Event. The chorus went something like this: "you have to fight fight fight.... I can't wait much longer...". Oh god... I think it was called Enough is Enough. Must resist....


I have to go into the office tomorrow (gasp!) for an all day meeting (gasp! gasp!) in a conference room with my boss (b-r-e-a-t-h-e) and some of my local colleagues, so that we can set our goals for the next 6 months. What does this mean? AN ENTIRE DAY WITHOUT MULTITASKING.


Oooooooohm.


It really should not be a big deal, but this means I have to DRESS (no fleece or Birkenstocks/Running shoes... I had to SHOP), and make small talk with the boss man who I've only met once before... he's based in the U.S.


This all day meeting and the Friday 'team lunch' have thrown my training off kilter, so instead I ran Monday for Wednesday and will run Thursday for Friday. I'll still be able to get in my 40 minutes on Wed/Fri by walking or trainer (I can eat normally before these activities). In other words, I'm still on track with my goals and LOVING it.


Now I just need to break out of this hermit life a little more.


Now the big question... why is William Shatner carrying Howard Hughes?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Jan 24, 2007, 9:27:00 AM, Blogger UltraMamaC said...

we did the all-day planning thing with our team last week -- it was a total beat-down, let me tell you. So much rhetoric and HR-speak. bleagh.

 
At Jan 25, 2007, 9:26:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Beam me up Howard... you are to funny! I feel your pain on the work front. Although I have to dress (suits most days) since I'm out with clients, I dread being in the office all day. I go nuts. It's like a streaming episode of The Office! Oh well....
Take care and feel better!

 
At Jan 26, 2007, 11:15:00 PM, Blogger Downhillnut said...

Hope you made it through the week, there. Glad you didn't let it stop you with your training!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home